59th Annual Members Fall Show
November 11 – 30, 2018
This is a non-juried members show that runs from Sunday, November 11 through Friday, November 30. Each artist may enter up to 2 works of art consisting of a Main Entry and a Small Work (16″ or less on the longest framed side). All work exhibited must be original, the sole work of the artist and cannot have been shown at any previous Doylestown Art League Show. Not for Sale (NFS) is allowed. There will be cash awards for Oils, Watercolor and Drawing, Pastels and Mixed Media as well as a People’s Choice Award.
October 1, 2018 to November 4, 2018
To enter the show you must register online. (Choose a payment method below to begin.) When you drop off your artwork, we will check your membership status and provide labels for proper identification of your artwork. This procedure allows us to prepare the programs and other support documentation prior to the show.
Main Entry: $15.00
Main Entry plus one Small Work: $20.00
Sunday, November 11, 2018
2:00 to 4:00 pm
Saturday, December 1, 2018
8:30 to 10:30 pm
Al Gury is Chairman of the Painting Department at the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts. A painter of the figure, landscapes, still lifes and portraits, Al’s work is regularly shown by F. A. N. Gallery in Philadelphia. His works feature thickly applied oil paint with the tonal influences of the Pennsylvania Impressionists and the freedom of contemporary conceptual art.
Jim Lukens is a Bucks County impressionist who received his training from the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts and Barnstone Studios. His paintings have a peaceful softness to them. In 2017, Jim opened the Main Street Gallery in Quakertown where patrons can view his selected works and those of his students.
Entry Criteria & Terms
- Membership must be current; dues may be paid when registering online.
- Artwork must be properly wired and framed and ready for hanging.
- Must be labeled with name and address. We will provide a Show Label.
- Main Entry framed size must be under 36”, on longest side, for hanging work. Under 200lbs. and 6′ limit for sculpture.
- While every care will be taken to ensure the safety of the submitted works of art, the Doylestown Art League and the exhibition venues will not be responsible for any loss of or damage to art work. It is recommended that artists provide their own insurance coverage for their artwork for the duration of the show.
- It is the artist’s responsibility to check the printed program for accuracy.
- Prizes will be awarded only if there is a sufficient number of entries in a category.
- Images of submitted work may be used for publicity purposes.
- There will be a 20% commission on all sales.
If entries do meet the above criteria or entrants do not agree to the above terms, entry will not be accepted.
If choosing Pay with Check, payment will be due when dropping off you artwork. If choosing Pay with Credit Card, online payment is due immediately. (You may also use a PayPal account.)