61st Annual Members Spring Show
April 26 – May 8
This is a non-juried members show that runs from April 26 through Friday, May 8. Each artist may enter up to 2 works of art consisting of a Main Entry and a Small Work (16″ or less on the longest framed side). All work exhibited must be original, the sole work of the artist and cannot have been shown at any previous Doylestown Art League Show. Not for Sale (NFS) is allowed. There will be cash awards for Oils, Watercolor and Drawing, Pastels and Mixed Media as well as a People’s Choice Award.
Ends Sunday, April 19, 2020
To enter the show you must register online. To register, your membership must be active and you must be logged in to this website. When you drop off your artwork, we provide labels for proper identification of your artwork. This procedure allows us to prepare the programs and other support documentation prior to the show.
Main Entry: $15.00
Main Entry plus one Small Work: $20.00
Sunday, April 26, 2020
2:00 to 4:00 pm
Saturday, May 9, 2020
8:30 to 10:30 am
President Emeritus of the American Watercolor Society
Signature Member of the Pennsylvania Watercolor Society, the Philadelphia Water Color Society and the National Society of Painters of Casein and Acrylics
Jim McFarlane is a nationally and internationally recognized artist and popular teacher. He is equally comfortable painting traditional representational paintings and non-objective abstractions. Either way, his paintings are inspired by the close to home beauty of his native Pennsylvania, and by his travels at home and abroad. Jim finds the quiet solitude of a rural retreat and the clamor and cacophony of the city are equally of interest as subject matter.
“If I knew every painting would be good every time, I would find no reason to paint. I’m always looking to learn and I’m as much a student as a teacher.”
Signature Member: American Watercolor Society
Philadelphia Water Color Society
Nancy Barch has received a number of coveted awards for her work in a variety of media from many prestigious organizations such as the Pennsylvania Watercolor Society, the Philadelphia Watercolor Society, the American Watercolor Society, the National Society of Casein and Acrylic Painters, and the Kentucky Aqueous Touring Exhibition.
Her work has evolved from illustration, to watercolor and finally, mixed media. Nancy’s work consists of a mix of acrylics, collage and image transfers. She has been featured in “100 Artists of The Mid Atlantic” a book published by Amazon. Recently she was the featured artist at the Rittenhouse Square Fine Arts Show in Philadelphia
Entry Criteria & Terms
- Membership must be current; dues may be paid when registering online.
- Artwork must be properly finished, wired and ready to hang. No sawtooth hangers.
- Must be labeled with name and address. We will provide a label for the back of the artwork and a Show Label.
- Main Entry framed size must be under 36”, on longest side, for hanging work. Under 200lbs. and 6′ limit for sculpture.
- While every care will be taken to ensure the safety of the submitted works of art, the Doylestown Art League and the exhibition venues will not be responsible for any loss of or damage to art work. It is recommended that artists provide their own insurance coverage for their artwork for the duration of the show.
- It is the artist’s responsibility to check the printed program for accuracy.
- Prizes will be awarded only if there is a sufficient number of entries in a category.
- Images of submitted work may be used for publicity purposes.
- There will be a 20% commission on all sales.
If entries do meet the above criteria or entrants do not agree to the above terms, entry will not be accepted.
You may pay for your entry online with a credit card or when dropping off your work with a check or cash. Online credit cards transactions are completed using PayPal. If you do not have a PayPal account, you can still use a credit card — just select “Pay with Debit or Credit Card” from the bottom of the “Pay with PayPal” screen.