This is a three part workshop. Students will gain a general knowledge of this historical painting medium and see the beautiful detail and effects this medium can produce. Working from
This is a three part workshop. Students will gain a general knowledge of this historical painting medium and see the beautiful detail and effects this medium can produce. Working from a photograph of their own, and by using thin layers typical of this medium, students will see the luminosity of each layer turn their work into a developed painting.
A $90 workshop fee is due while registering online. Additionally, an $11 material fee is due to the instructor at the first class.
Class 1 Friday, November 2 — 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
• Brief history and general knowledge
• Museums paintings, books, modern painters, Wyeth, Cadmus, Koo Schadler, Fred Wessel, Mavis Smith
• Transfer drawing to board- cut acetate if appropriate
• The egg - different recipes
• Ratio egg to dry pigment
• Setting up the palette
• Base layer if time permits
Class 2Friday, November 9 — 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
• Setting up the palette cont'd
• Mixing colors
• Working thin layers of colors
Class 3Friday, November 16 — 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
• Develop the painting, by adding subsequent layers, the painting becomes richer
• By using small brushes details/lines can be added at the end to define the painting
• Highlights can make the painting sparkle
• How to fix or amend a spot or correct a problem.
If you are not a member please join the Art League by clicking here before registering for this workshop. Membership is good through August of next year.
Doylestown Art League